Today I hung out with Amber for the day. Things I like about today in no particular order:
- Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers, Max Records et al. (yeah, me and Amber watched Where the Wild Things Are).
- Feelings that have an external expression (yup, a direct link back to #1. Love that movie).
- Department of Eagles (I bought their first album and listened to it… high point “I’m Wes Anderson”. They use interesting samples).
- Buying unanticipated stuff (I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I’ve been wanting to read for a while, and This is Not A Book by Keri Smith, an artist who also wrote/made How To Be An Explorer of the World, another book that I already have).
- Bumping into friends unexpectedly and hugging them (I saw Sarah, who I don’t see anywhere near enough of).
- Tangy Sparkling Blood Orange drink by Frank (its like how Fanta used to be when I was a kid but better).
- Just hanging with Amber. Its always cool.
- Winning at Scrabble. Amber’s not a good loser. (Neither am I, but shhhhh, its a secret).
- A nice cup of tea.
- Listening to good music from movies (I don’t say good movies, because, you know, New Moon wasn’t good but the soundtrack is).
- Thai food. Yummo…
- The rain. Yup I like it. Well, when I’m not in it I like it.
PS. Yesterday I bought The BQE by Sufjan Stevens. I haven’t watched the film yet, but I really like the music. Really.